Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Summer Hair in Fall~-Homemade Sea Salt Spray

      As we transition into the cool autumn we may still be reminiscing for relaxing summer days,  I use this delightful recipe year round to bring out my natural wave and to accent my carefree style.. It can also work on various hair textures, but straighter hair will require more styling. It has a mild hold and can set pin curls and such. My vision for hair is healthy hair with minimal chemicals and this sea salt spray recipe is similar to the bumble & bumble surf spray for a fraction of the cost. Sea salt sprays are drying so do use with care. This recipe is quite mild though and I would recommend customizing it to your individual hair needs by adding more or less sea salt.



Sea Salt Spray'

Ingredients

1 cup hot but not boiling water
2 Tbs. Epsom Salt
1 t. aloe vera gel
1 t. sea salt
a few drops essential oil
a few drops coconut or jojoba  oil


Mix water and ingredients into a spray bottle and voila you are done. It's that easy.
I have omitted the aloe vera gel and it turned out fine. The main ingredient is sea salt.

For styling just spray and scrunch as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment